what is #MY Body My Mission?
#My Body My Mission is a health education project, created by Mommy & Me Cancer Foundation that motivates young adults to learn about nutrition, exercise and cancer through a series of missions.
The awareness educational program will encompass a series of missions to inform young adults about a variety of things relating to nutrition, exercise and cancer prevention. My Body My Mission will educate students on how to own their own health. A series of missions to complete are released to young adults via flyer distribution at school and online. Students can get involved by sharing their success stories through hashtag postings on our social media outlets. Participants who compete and share their missions online can even win prizes.
- You Tube
- #MyBodyMyMission, # mamcf, #MBMM,
according to the american cancer society
“About 2 out of 3 Americans are overweight or obese. Many Americans are also less physically active than they should be. Obesity increases the risk of many types of cancer. It also increases the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other health outcomes, such as dying at an early age. While it is not clear exactly how excess body fat, consuming too many calories, and lack of physical activity raise cancer risk , there is no question that they are linked to an increased risk of many types of cancer and that they are a serious and growing health problem.”
- Enhance health education in young adults aged 15- 25, starting with high school students in vulnerable communities on diet, exercise and protection from cancer.
- Increase positive health behaviors through a series of missions to complete. Compete with peers to win prizes and special recognition.
- Increase awareness about young moms with cancer raising minor children. Learn more
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Vine for Mission Releases
- Post pictures of your completed missions, along with diet & fitness progress on #MyBodyMyMission
- Challenge your friends, family or peers to complete the missions (First Mission Release: September 15, 2014)
- Compete with peers to win prizes from our sponsors
- Contact Us